Posts Tagged ‘Pão de batata’
Pão de batata (Potato bread), is soft and really yummy. It can be filled or eaten as a bun with butter. I love this bread and you can have it at anytime of the day.
- 50 g of yeast for bread
- 1/4 cup of warm milk
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 large or 3 small potatoes boiled and squeezed
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 500 g of flour and a little more for dusting
- Egg yolk
- Dissolve the yeast in sugar, then add the remaining ingredients and half of the flour
- Mix well
- Add the remaining flour and knead well, always sprinkling a little flour to avoid sticking.
- Let the dough grow for 30 minutes.
- Then divide into 20 balls, brush with egg yolk and let rise for another 30 minutes
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 º for 30 minutes and turn the heat to brown at 220 º for 10 minutes.
- If you want you can garnish with cheese and ham
- To see if the dough is ready to be baked, take a small ball of dough and put it in a glass of water, it is ready when the ball floats.